What is GDPR?
In 2016, the European Commission approved and adopted the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR is a significant change in data protection regulation in the EU and replaces the existing legal framework (the Data Protection Directive and the various member state laws). It will come into effect on 25 May 2018.
What is My Meet doing about GDPR?
At My Meet we’re taking GDPR seriously. Which is why we’ve set out a plan to ensure we are fully geared up to be GDPR compliant in time for the 25 May 2018. Here’s a quick overview of the steps we’ve taken as a business so far:
- We conducted a comprehensive GDPR audit and gap analysis. Following the gap analysis, we created an internal roadmap to work towards compliance with GDPR in time for the May deadline
- We’ve created an internal education programme to deliver GDPR-focused training across key areas of the business, so that everyone in the business fully understands how the GDPR impacts their own day-to-day functions
- We’re working with product and security teams to make the necessary changes and improvements to our product in order to ensure it is fully GDPR compliant
- We have conducted a comprehensive data-mapping exercise that tracks personal data flows throughout our systems and services
- We’re reviewing our third-party vendor arrangements to make sure they are fully GDPR compliant, so we can satisfy our own requirements
- We’re refining our internal procedures to ensure we have appropriate plans in place to deal with some key data subject rights, such as access requests and the right to request data deletion.
We are working with our customers to answer any questions and address any concerns regarding how we protect their personal data and gearing up for GDPR. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support (at) my-meet.net